The Musings, Pictures and Battle Reports of 40+ years of Wargaming experience.

Sunday, November 15, 2020

TT Combat - Western Buildings

          At ORIGINS in 2019 there was a Dealer selling MDF buildings from a company called TT Combat.  They had a wide variety of buildings in 28mm; Sci-Fi, Modern, Fantasy and Wild West.  "Very cool," I thought.  "I'll have to pick some of those up."  I don't know why I do that.  I call it my "Snooze -Lose" syndrome.  And it strikes me all the time.  I see something I want, don't buy it.  Then it's gone.  Which happened here.  I didn't pick them up right away, waited and then when I went back they were gone.  *Sigh*

     BUT, as luck would have it, my friend Mike was going to GenCon a month later.  I did a little email search, confirmed that the same Dealer would be there with the TT Combat buildings I wanted.  Mike was kind enough to get a list from me and pick some up.  They sat for a bit, but with COVID idling my employer I now have time...... 

      The building are very straight forward builds.  At least the single story ones are.  These are older buildings so there isn't any instructions online.  But the pictures on the website are good guides.  I'm about to begin a 2-story Doctor's office and that might be a little tricky.  (Details when they happen....

     Something I find to be really neat is that (so far) all the buildings have some sort of interior items.  Boxes, shelves, counters...TT Combat used the empty spaces on the MDF sheets to flesh out your buildings.  I think that's pretty kewl.

     I didn't prime the buildings before I painted them.  Being MDF they did soak up the paint a little, but I liked the kinda rustic look.  I did however apply a second or third coat to the corners where you could see the dark edge of an adjoining wall (where the two pieces fit together).

     The price per building I think was very reasonable too.  The single story buildings were $5-6 and the 2 story ones were $10.

TT Combat website

     So without further ado, I present the beginnings of my Wild West town.  The miniatures shown are those for the Blackwater Gulch game....

 

The Blacksmith Shop

The Blacksmith Shop comes with a forge, a crate and two anvils....



 

The General Store


The General Store has a counter and three sets of shelves

 
The Saloon

 


The Saloon comes with a bar and a table to fight around

It also comes with some bottles...that I forgot to put on the bar and table before the gunfight above broke out....  

 

The Bank


The Bank has the partition to keep the Tellers secure and a safe for the Depositors money!!


The Sheriff's Office


The Sheriff's Office has a crate, a rifle rack and a cell for Desperadoes....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment