The Musings, Pictures and Battle Reports of 40+ years of Wargaming experience.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Gaming Models - 1940 French Armor for "What a Tanker"

As promised in my last post, here are pictures of the French armor I purchased from Gaming Models.  They are 15mm resin, they come painted and dry brushed.  They can go right to the table, but I wanted to put my brush to them.  Unfortunately I have no other French armor from other manufacturers to compare them to, but, eh?  I thought all things considered, they are fine models well cast and they'll fight hard on my table.

I purchased a Char B and two R-35s.  According to my copy of What a Tanker they'll be a good match for my German armor.

Here they are in their just arrived in the mail condition:



Char B

 R-35

And here they are after I put the brush to them:


 Char B


 R-35

These were painted like the examples on the Warlord Games web page. 

The second R-35 is painted like my tank in World of Tanks.  One of my favorite tanks, I once held a bridge and destroyed 4 tanks attacking it.  I got all sorts of WOOT WOOT messages to my Xbox app..... 😎



And finally a group shot

As I said in my last post these are $5 each.  I think they are well cast and very table worthy.  I recommend them and Gaming Models in general.  He definitely will be getting more of my business. 

Next post:  The epic showdown somewhere in France, May 1940.......

Stay tuned........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment